Exactly what is a system bet? As a betting system, it’s become increasingly popular, although many players are still confused about how to put it into practice. System bets don’t need to be difficult, however, especially once you have an example of system bet.
What Is A System Bet?
A system bet uses a few legs or selections focused on landing you the best chances of winning. It’s different from the likes of an accumulator, however, as it doesn’t need all of your bets to be spot on for you to win. That means your chances of winning are much greater, making it a more attractive betting strategy than multiple others.
To properly take advantage of this, however, you’ll need to know how the system works and how you can maximise your chances of winning.
How Does A System Bet Work?
System betting is similar to accumulator bets, in that they involve placing several bets at the bookies and aiming to be as accurate as possible with them. Though you don’t need to have all of these picked correctly, the bookmakers will still pay out on it. While you’ll only place on wager, punters get to place multiple bets on it.
As such, bettors can maximise their chances of getting a better payout. Naturally, picking a winner with as many of these bets will lead to more money, it’s not a necessity, you can still end up increasing your overall odds with it. Compared to other strategies, you’ll have a higher chance of getting a payout.
The system can be used for a range of sports and sporting events, with bettors wagering on various outcomes. Before making these bets, you’ll need to decide on how many of them you want to make, and how many events you need to win to earn a profit. A decent bit of maths could be needed for this.
The system offers multiple advantages, including:
- Maximising odds of winning
- Different strategies can be used as part of this
- It has higher maximum limits
Despite this, there are also several disadvantages, such as:
- Needing a large betting budget
- Welcoming bonus’ can’t be used
- The chances of making mistakes are high
Types Of System Bets
There are more than a few types of system bets, including:
- Double – A simple approach, it involves putting two bets on the one wager.
- Treble – Like the above, but with three bets on the one wager.
- Patent – With this, you place seven bets across three events.
- Trixie – This approach involves placing three doubles and one treble across three events.
- Yankee – Made of 11 combinations in four or six events, it contains four trebles, an accumulator, and six doubles.
- Canadian – This bet type involves placing ten doubles, ten trebles, and a four-fold and five-fold accumulator bet.
- Heinz – With ten doubles, 20 trebles, 15 four-folds, six five-folds, and a six-fold, this can be one of the more complicated bets.
- Goliath – Exceedingly complicated, this involves placing 247 bets across eight events.
- Lucky 31 – This involves placing ten trebles, ten doubles, five singles, a five-fold accumulator, and five four-fold accumulators.
- Super Heinz – The Super Heinz involves placing 35 trebles, 35 four-fold accumulators, 21 doubles, 21 five-fold accumulators, seven six-fold accumulators, and a seven-fold accumulator.
- Alphabet – As the name implies, this involves 26 bets with various selections.
- Lucky 63 – A six-selection wager, you’ll need to get at least one selection right to make a profit.
Different Betting Strategies To Use A System Bet
When wondering ‘what is a system bet,’ it helps to have some strategies to use. Several stand out, including:
- High Risk
Each offers pros and cons, although it’s worth becoming fluent in several of them.
When you’re wondering, ‘what is a system bet,’ you’ll likely have a few other questions. With the above, however, there shouldn’t be anything stopping you from using the strategy.
How can a system bet calculator help?
With a system bet calculator, you can better work out your odds while figuring out your potential profit.
Are system bets and full cover bets different?
No, the two betting systems are the same thing. The terms are used interchangeably.
How many different sports can I put in a single system bet?
There aren’t any limits on how may sports you can put a single system bet on, although it’s possible that a bookie may put their specific limits on it.
Is winning guaranteed with a system bet?
Once you know what is a system bet, you’ll know that profit isn’t guaranteed. Instead, it’s a way of maximising your chances of success.