Have you ever had the chance to turn $1 into $1 million
If NOT, with Keno, this is indeed possible! Depending on how many numbers you play, you can win a prize with as little as 1 winning number.
So, eager to find out more about Keno?
Let’s check out our latest Keno guide! It will provide you with a solid knowledge base on how to develop the game.
What is Keno?
Keno is actually a MIX of lottery and Bingo.
It is a highly popular lottery-style gambling game usually played in casinos. Moreover, you can choose one of the popular bookmakers and place your Keno bet online.
So, Keno enjoys its popularity because of the following reasons:
- Opportunity to make a lot of money with a tiny investment
- Requires NO talent to play
- NO complicated rules or techniques
- Lucky-based game
BUT, like any other game of chance, Keno is not solely dependent on luck. You may easily choose a Keno strategy and try to increase your winning chances.
When it comes to winning strategies, sequential numbers are regarded as the friendliest numbers in Keno. So, if you pick a few numbers in a row, you have a good chance of winning the game.
How to Play Keno?
Here are the simple steps you should follow if you are ready to learn how to play Keno.
- Get the Keno card – Available from designated Keno game cardholders.
- Select numbers – Choose how many numbers or SPOTS you wish to try to match for each drawing. Most people play 1 to 10 numbers. But they could also play 15, 20 or 40. The more SPOTS you match, the more money you can win.
- Decide the amount of money – Betting starts from as low as $1. Moreover, the higher the wager, the better your odds of winning are.
- Choose the numbers you want to match from 1 to 80 – You must select the same amount of numbers as SPOTS above. You can choose the EP – Easy Pick up option, which causes the Lottery terminal to choose your numbers randomly.
- Finally – Take your Keno game card to the Keno cashier and hand it to the Keno Operator, who will process it and make the payment.
So, you win if the numbers drawn match the ones you chose. The amount of money you win is determined by the numbers you choose and how many of them are correct.
To WIN the jackpot, you don’t have to match all 20 numbers. In reality, it’s almost impossible (1 in 3,535,316,142,212,174,336).
The jackpots are typically given out for a 9- or 10-number ticket with all the numbers correctly matched. People frequently play between 3 and 9 numbers on average.
Live Keno vs Video Keno
Let’s take a look at the TWO Keno variations:
- Video Keno is considered the modern way to play the game. So, many punters prefer it because it is faster and easier to keep track of the bets. It is played on a computerised terminal, with the numbers being drawn electronically. So, it has more in common with slot machines.
Video Keno usually offers a lower house edge compared to live Keno. Since you are playing a significantly higher number of hands per minute, it is common to lose more quickly.
- Live Keno is more akin to bingo in terms of speed and structure.
You choose your Keno numbers and deposit your wager on a Keno card. On the same Keno card, you can place multiple bets. Every 5-10 minutes, most casinos start a new round. The high jackpots are one of the benefits of playing live Keno.
Both Keno games are relatively simple to learn.
Even so, the final decision depends on personal preference.
Live Keno offers the thrill of playing in a casino environment, while Video Keno provides the convenience of being able to play from anywhere.
Types of Keno Bets Available
As with all casino games, there are a variety of bets available in Keno. But, what is the ONE thing these bets have in common?
So, the more numbers you bet on, the higher the payout if they fit. Moreover, the more difficult it is to hit your numbers.
- Straight bet is when the player picks specific numbers and gets paid based on the number of matches. To win, you must hit all or some of your chosen numbers, depending on how many you choose.
- Split Tickets are considered Keno tickets with multiple straight bets.
For example, you might bet on 1-10 and 11-20. If any number in either range hits, you’ll receive a small payout.
But, the payment is unaffected. Each bet is viewed as a unique entity, and you must pay for each one separately.
- Way Tickets are considered the ones similar to split tickets, except that you are betting on three or more sets of numbers at once.
- King Number Tickets: These are the simplest tickets to play. You pick a set of numbers and hope they hit.
- Keno Specials: These bets might require you to pick numbers in a specific order or that hit together more often than they should by chance.
Keno is fast, fun, and easy to play! We hope that you now have a better understanding of the game with this Keno guide and cannot wait to try it.
So, let’s pick and match your numbers for the chance to win a cash prize!
Just keep in mind to play on a trusted platform and all you have to do is to enjoy the game!
1. What is the best way to win at Keno?
There is no surefire way how to win Keno, but there are a few tips you can do to improve your odds:
- Choose a Keno game with a good payout percentage.
- Choose a Keno game with a lower number of picks.
- Don’t bet more than you can afford to lose.
2. What’s the difference between online and real Keno?
There are NOT many differences between online Keno and live Keno. Although in live Keno, the system of drawing numbers is more like bingo.
Other differences include the atmosphere of playing. So, the thrill of playing in the Keno lounge is not the same as the one playing online.
3. What are the odds of winning Keno?
The odds of winning Keno depend on several factors, including the number of picks you make, the payout percentage, and the type of Keno game you play. As our Keno guide suggests, the more numbers you pick, the higher the odds of winning and the higher the payout if you do win.
4. Is it legal to bet on Keno?
Yes, it is! Keno is a legal game of chance in most jurisdictions. However, there are some exceptions, so check with your local laws before placing a bet.