Traditional sports betting undoubtedly has its charm, but the most popular sports are seasonal. When the season is over, it can be hard for bettors to find something exciting to wager on.
With virtual sports betting, you can access all the thrill within minutes.
If you would like to learn more about how this works, consider this to be your definitive virtual sports betting guide!
What is Virtual Sports Betting & How Does it Work?
Virtual games are simulated versions of real-life games played relatively quickly. They usually last about a minute, followed by a two-minute break to allow bettors to see previous game statistics, the odds, and markets for the next game. This time is also allocated for bettors to place their bets. Although it might seem short, this is generally considered ample time for virtual sports.
Unlike physical sports betting, where the skills and tactics of the actual athletes determine the bet, virtual sports use a random number generator to decide the outcome.
Virtual Sports Betting Markets
Nearly every sport available in the real world has a virtual version, but here are some of the most popular virtual sports:
- Virtual Football
- Virtual Basketball
- Virtual Tennis
- Virtual Horse Racing
- Virtual Greyhound racing
- Virtual Speedway
- Virtual Moto Racing
- Virtual Boxing
You can expect to find the same types of betting options on virtual betting sites as regular markets.
That said, the most common betting types in virtual betting include:
- Outright or Moneyline bet where you wager on who will win the match or race;
- Over/under bet where you predict if more or fewer goals will be scored than the number set by the bookmaker;
- Special bets such as the first team to score a goal or the first three to finish the race.
Virtual Sports Betting Tips
Here we will cover some similarities and differences between virtual and real sports betting.
Virtual sports betting strategies differ from regular sports wagering, and understanding them will help you make smarter decisions when making a wager and boost your profits or prevent excessive losses.
Understanding how random number generators work
In general, when betting on real sports, the more familiar someone is with the sport, its teams and players, the easier it is for them to make an educated guess on how the matchup will turn out. With virtual sports, this isn’t the case.
Matches are decided solely on random number generators generated by complex algorithms. As a result, predicting the outcomes of games before they start isn’t strictly possible, so it is vital to keep this in mind when placing bets.
Selecting your virtual sport wisely
If you bet on sports, then you’re probably in the habit of betting on the sport you know. However, due to the beginner-friendly nature of virtual sports, it is much easier to branch out to other sports.
Consequently, it is a good idea to consider the odds on all sports when choosing your bet—you might get better odds and higher payouts on another game.
Betting small amounts
Virtual sports simulations are unpredictable, so it is good to make small bets and never go all-in. While high odds might make betting large amounts appealing, they can also bait punters to lose a large part of their budget.
Using proper bankroll management
It is always a good idea to have a set budget and a plan on how you want to use that budget, never deviating from that plan in the heat of the moment. As a virtual sports betting strategy, we recommend to only bet 2% at most from your allotted money for betting.
Many beginners or even seasoned gamblers make bets of 10% or more of their budget. However, this can result in a quick loss of money. Sticking to only 2% of your total budget per bet allows you to minimise short-term risk. In other words, if you win a bet, your 2% increases, and you get incrementally larger bets and vice versa—losing bets lower than the amount you bet.
Targeting the right bets or virtual sports
Knowing which bets are usually more profitable is essential. Additionally, selecting the right betting market is critical. A few tips for choosing bets include:
- Not placing your bet on the match favourite: Due to the unpredictable nature of virtual sports, underdogs sometimes win.
- Goal betting: While odds for betting on goals aren’t the highest, there is always likely to be a game that goes over or under 1.5. In most cases, this is a sure win.
Avoiding chain losses
If you have lost a couple of bets in a row, it is best to stop placing more wagers or consider switching games unless it is against your strategy. To avoid going on a losing streak and chaining even more losses, having a plan before you start betting and sticking to it is crucial. A chain of losses can break anyone’s budget, so it is best to prevent it.
Choosing the right betting sites with virtual sports
No matter how much you hone your virtual sports betting strategy, it is never a bad idea to carefully pick the right website.
Here are some things to check before choosing your bookie:
- Does the website have a licence? Websites that are licensed are less likely to have rigged games since they must undergo testing to ensure they are fair.
- Does the site offer good bonuses? Before registering on a betting site, it is good to look at their bonuses – one may offer a much better bonus than another.
- Does the site have a great mobile app? Mobile apps are a must for most businesses today. If you like playing on the go, then this is something that you should consider.
- How easy is it to use? Finally, when deciding whether or not to use a betting site, the user experience is a significant factor. If you find it challenging to use, there may be a more accessible alternative you can try.
Pros and Cons of Virtual Sports Betting
- Matches are quick and dynamic
- Every 3 minutes, new games are added
- The odds are high
- There is a wide variety of sports to choose from
- There are a variety of betting markets available
- Considering that the results are generated algorithmically, you cannot be sure about your bets.
Virtual sports betting can be a great alternative to traditional sports betting for those interested in looking for some excitement during off-seasons and beginners looking to get into sports betting. We hope you understand virtual sports betting better and can now make more informed decisions about your bets.
What is virtual football betting?
In virtual football betting, bets are placed on simulations of online football matches. Virtual football offers the same betting markets as real-life football. However, with virtual football, every game lasts about a minute, with two-minute breaks in between.
How do you win at virtual sports betting?
In virtual sports, you win if the event you’ve predicted happens, as is the case with regular sports wagering.
How are virtual football odds calculated?
When calculating virtual football odds, complex algorithms consider all the different factors and come up with an outcome generated by an RNG.